Programmes & Services
Our curriculum focuses on learning basic concepts and skills through hands-on experiences and activities. We utilize themes, projects and units to encourage learning. Developmentally appropriate activities are planned for each content area to give success and challenge to each age level.
Some learning centers are designed to develop gross and fine motor skills while others are more academically oriented. We strive to provide an exciting environment with opportunities for discovery, initiative, inquiry, creativity, imagination, and self-expression.
Through our programmes, each child is given the tools needed to encourage the growth of the whole child.
Each child’s progress is monitored through teacher’s observation, anecdotal notes, and some informal assessments. The assessments are provided to parents in discussion during the parent teacher conferences.
Early Childhood Care & Development Service
|Half Day Programme (Morning only)||7 am – 1 pm (Mon – Fri)|
|Full Day Programme||7 am – 7 pm (Mon – Fri)
8 am – 1 pm (Sat)
Goals of the Curriculum
- To provide a positive sense of identity and emotional well-being
- To develop age-appropriate social, physical, language and literacy skills
- To encourage thinking, reasoning, questioning and experimentation
- To provide exposure to the arts and encourage creative expression
- To demonstrate proper health, safety and nutritional practices
- To respect gender, age and cultural diversity
Click on the list of the programmes below to find out more:
- Toddler (18 to 30months)
- Playgroup (30 months to below 3½ years)
- Nursery (3 years to below 4½ years)
- Kindergarten 1 (4 years to below 5½ years)
- Kindergarten 2 (5 years to below 7 years)
Chinese Language Arts
Toddler and Playgroup focus is on enhancing listening and comprehension skills through conversation, songs, rhymes, games and craft. For Nursery, the stress is on developing a child’s vocabulary and verbal abilities through games, stories, show and tell, music and dance. Written exercises will also be introduced at this stage. K1 and K2 Chinese Language lessons will be more structured. The children will be exposed to more opportunities for creative expression through written exercises, daily class discussions, games and dramatization. ‘三字经’ and ‘弟子规’ will be introduced to children from Nursery to Kindergarten 2, with the aim to inculcate good moral values and encourage the love for the Chinese language.
Our Facilities and Environment
Our centre offers a stimulating environment and facilities that support creative and active learning. Facilities include:
- Waterplay Area
- Sandplay Area
- Gym Room
- Music & Movement Room
- Tricycles & Cars
- Reception Area
- Children’s Library
- Study Garden