Life Point provides the following services (中文):
- Life Review Workshop: to facilitate the elderly to reflect and reminiscent their life journey so as to heal the past hurt and to receive affirmation on their life experience in a closed group setting.
- Towards A Good Death Workshop: to facilitate the elderly to explore the meaning of life and death, do forward planning on end of life matters for peace of mind in a closed group setting.
2. One-stop services
- Public talks: to conduct regular educational talks on topics related to end-of-life (EOL) matters such as Lasting Power of Attorney(LPA), Will, Advance Care Plan(ACP) and Advance Medical Directive(AMD). Subject matter expertise will be invited to share relevant information on the subject.
- Provide assistance for seniors to complete EOL related documents at our centre.
To work with community partners to identify the needs of the elderly in terms of awareness and preparation on End-of-Life matters.
4. Embracing Life Series
At Life Point, we strongly advocate for Live Well, Leave Well. We encourage Living Well by organising various activities for seniors to participate in. Seniors who choose to join us as members will receive updates on activities and a quarterly e-newsletter to keep them informed on topics related to both “Living Well” and “Leaving Well”.
These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Excursion & visits: For building friendship and connection among seniors, as well as for educational purposes, such as visits to funeral parlors, heritage trails, Esplanade etc
- Interest groups: small groups connect elderly with common interests together and to engage the elderly in meaningful activities such as Reading Club and Rummikub.
- Senior Volunteerism: volunteering opportunities include organising member’s activities, help on administrative work and befriend with isolated/lonely seniors
Besides the above, we also collaborate with National Silver Academy (NSA) to run courses that we believe will enrich a senior’s life.
These courses include:
- Autobiography Writing
- Japanese Pastel Art (Nagomi)
- Brain Workshop
- Silver Years
5. Bereavement Support
Bereavement counseling is offered free of charge to individuals who are facing imminent loss or have lost a loved one.
6. Assisted Deputyship Application Program
We assist the next-of-kin/family members of those who have lost their mental capacity to apply for Deputyship.
7. Professional Donees and Deputies
We provide professional donee and professional deputy services to individuals who are unable to find a suitable family member or friend to be their proxy decision-maker.
8. Funeral Planning
We provide educational talks and also funeral planning service.
- 教育讲座：定期主办善终准备的公共教育讲座，例如持久授权书，遗嘱，预先护理计划以及预先医疗指示。 有关课题专家将为您提供可靠的相关资讯 。
4. 拥抱人生系列 (成为会员）
- 长者义工： 提供长者参与义务工作的机会，例如主持会员活动，协助行政工作以及关怀独居老人。